86-28-86625656 / 86-28-86617733
- Working Language：
- Professional Field：
- Industry field：
Open WeChat and scan the QR code
Subscribe to our WeChat public account
Scan code and share
86-28-86625656 / 86-28-86617733
Mr. Jinnan Li specializes in cross-border investment and acquisition, cross-border financing, general banking, asset-backed securitization and bond issuance.
Mr. Li has extensive experience in providing leagl services for cross-border transactions. Mr. Li represented a number of foreign and Chinese clients in a wide range of cross-border transactions, including cross-border investment and acquisition, EPC contracts, and international trade, in a wide array of sectors including mining, chemical, energy, information technology, real estate, infrastructures, avionics, hotel, etc. Mr. Li represented international and Chinese financial institutions in a wide range of cross-border financing transactions, including bilateral lending, project finance, syndicated loans, acquisition finance, ship financing, export credit, sovereign loans, commodity finance, real estate finance, and derivative transactions etc.
Mr. Li provided legal advice to international and Chinese financial institutions in relation to regulatory issues, corporate governance, foreign exchange control, new banking products, and market entrance strategy, regulatory issues. Clients he advised include China Development Bank, Export-Import Bank of China, Bank of China, China CITIC Bank, Bank of America, JPMorgan, Standard Chartered Bank, Ford Automotive Finance Corporation, Volvo Automotive Finance Corporation, etc.
Mr. Li has provided legal services on various asset-backed securitization, domestic and cross-border bond issuance projects.
Mr. Li is qualified to practice law both in China and in New York State of U.S.
TSINGHUA UNIVERSITY, BA in English Study, with a minor degree in Law, 1994-1998
TSINGHUA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW, Master in Civil & Commercial Law, 1998-2001
DUKE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW, LL.M., 2005 - 2006, cum laude
King & Wood Mallesons, 2001-2012
Norton Rose Fulbright, Beijing office, 2012-2015
Tahota Law Firm, 2016 to present
Arbitrator, Luzhou Arbitration Commission
Arbitrator, Arbitration Institute of the South Sichuan Port Area, China (Sichuan) Pilot Free Trade Zone
Director, Foreign Law Professional Committee of Chengdu Lawyers Association
Off-campus Postgraduate Tutor, the School of Administrative Law, Southwest University of Political Science and Law
One of the Chinese lawyers recommended by Asia Pacific Legal 500
One of the lawyer recommended by China Business Law Journal
One of the lawyer recommended by IFLR 1000
Listed as one of 1000 Recommended Lawyers for Foreign-related Transactions by the Ministry of Justice
Listed as Leading Lawyers for Foreign-related Transactions by the Sichuan Lawyers Association
Cross-border investments and acquisitions：
1. Advised Li-Ning Company on investing in Danskin
2. Advised Zhongrong Security Co., Ltd. on the establishment of security training school and security company in Pakistan
3. Advised Nanjing Iron and Steel Co., Ltd. Iron on mine investment in Indonesia
4. Advised CCK Group in relation to the acquisition of two hydropower projects of 138MW and 144MW in Upper Marshyangdi, Nepal
5. Advised Rockcheck Co., Ltd. in relation to the tender offer to Aurox Resources Limited, an Australian listed mining company.
6. Advised Chengdu Tianqi Industry (Group) Co., Ltd. on the acquisition of Talison Lithium Ltd
7. Advised Tangshan Guofeng Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. on the investment of the western mining project in Liberia
8. Advised China National Gold Group Co., Ltd. on US$ financing acquisition of Jinshan Gold Mines Inc.
9. Advised Eastern Allfriends Group on the investment of ranch in Moldova
10. Advised Bluestar Group on US$ financing acquisition of Elkem AS
11. Advised CDB Capital on the establishment of RMB FOF,and Kaiyuan Urban Development Fund, advised CDB Capital and Chengdu Longquanyi District Government on the joint establishment of Longquanyi District Urban and Rural Coordination Development Fund, advised CDB Capital and Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations on the joint establishment of Sino-French SME Fund
12. Advised China National Agrochemical Co., Ltd. in relation to US$2.4 billion facility for the acquisition of Makhteshim Agan Industries Ltd. (one of China's top ten M&A in 2011)
13. Advised Menoble Co., Ltd.and 856 Farm in relation to the joint investment of farm in Zimbabwe
14. Advised Ford Credit in relation to establishment of an automotive financing company in China
15. Advised Volvo in relation to the establishment of an automotive financing company in China
16. Advised AIG in relation to the establishment of a consumer financing company in China
17. Advised on establishment of a joint venture village-township bank in Shenzhen Guoan Village invested by IFC, KfW and China Development Bank
Asset-backed securitization and bond issuance ：
1. Advised China Construction Bank in relation to Jianyuan 2005-1 Mortgage-backed Security
2. Advised SAIC-GMAC in relation to Auto Mortgage-backed Security (Phase II)
3. Advised China Minsheng Bank in relation to Commercial Mortgage-backed Security.
4. Advised Export-Import Bank of China in relation to US$500 million cross-border bond issuance in 2008
5. Advised Pengzhou Industrial Investment Development Co., Ltd. on issuing RMB 950 million PPN
6. Advised Sichuan Cable TV Network Co., Ltd. in relation to “Pingan-Sichuan TV Supply Chain Finance No. 1 ABS”
7. Advised Shanxi Provincial Investment Group in relation to Supply Chain Finance ABS
8. Advised Shuangliu District Government in relation to the issuance of Sponge City Special Bond
9. Advised Sichuan Investment Group in relation to the issuance of US$ 300 million cross-border bond
1. Advised the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China on the financing of the Ghorasal 300-450 MW Gas Based Combined Cycle Power Plant Project in Bangladesh
2. Advised the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China on the financing of the Barapukuria 275MW (3rd Unit) Coal-fired Thermal Power Plant Project in Bangladesh
3. Advised China Development Bank Yunnan branch on financing in Myanmar (Phase I, II and III)
4. Advised the Export-import Bank of China in connection with a US$2.5 billion package loan to Angolan government for several projects constructions in Angola, the repayment of which is backed up by Angolan oil export revenue, which greatly supported the economic reconstruction of Angola after the war.
5. Advised the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China in respect of a US$2.5 billion dual-currency facility to Republic of Angola – China Law & Practice Awards 2010 Energy and Natural Resources Deal of the Year
6. Advised The Export-import Bank of China in connection with financing for a hotel project in Angola
7. Advised ICBC in connection with financing for a hospital project in Zambia
8. Advised China Development Bank Shenzhen Branch in connection with a US$ facility to Scartel LLC for the construction of certain telecommunication network in Russia
9. Advised China Development Bank Gansu Branch in connection with US$ long term and short term loan facilities to Wesizwe Platinum Limited
10. Advised China Development Bank Heilongjiang Branch in connection with US$ loan facilities to VTB
11. Advised China Development Bank Gansu Branch (Initial Lender) in connection with financing for a Jamaica north-south toll road project.
12. Advised China Development Bank Anhui Branch in connection with a US$ loan facility to Banco De La Nacion Argentina
13. Advised China Development Bank Shenzhen Branch in connection with a financing to Babilon-Mobile for the purpose of constructing a telecommunication network in Tajikistan
14. Advised ING in connection with a US$ 15 billion refinancing to Sevan Drilling Limited
15. Advised China Development Bank Shenzhen Branch in connection with a loan facility to Mobile Telecommunications Company K.S.C. for the purpose of constructing mobile network in Kuwait
16. Advised China Development Bank Guizhou Branch on participating in a syndicated loan to the Ministry of Finance of Tanzania
17. Advised China Development Bank Hainan Branch in connection with financing for Hainan Airlines' two A350 aircrafts
18. Advised China Development Bank Ningxia branch in connection with a loan facility to Prospector Offshore Drilling S.A for the purchase of two lift rigs from Dalian Shipbuilding Industry Co., Ltd
19. Advised a syndicate of banks led by Chinese Huashang Bank and Calyon (as Lead Arrangers) in respect of a syndicated facility of RMB2.5 billion to Zhuhai Zhongfu Enterprise Co. Limited and its subsidiaries
20. Advised a syndicate of banks led by JPMorgan (as Lead Arranger and Facility Agent) in respect of a syndicated facility of RMB1.993 billion to Tianrui Cement Group -- “China Deal of the Year 2008” awarded by IFL
21. Advised Bank of China (Luxemburg) in relation to the financing to a joint venture established by Sinopec and Rosneft for the purpose of implementing the Udmneft project in Russia
22. Advised a syndicate of banks led by Bank of China in respect of a facility of RMB2.5 billion to China Minmetals Corporation and Minmetals Yingkou Medium Plate Co., Ltd.
23. Advised a syndicate of banks led by Industrial Bank in respect of a facility of RMB2.5 billion to Fujian Shimao New Legend Real Estates Development Company
24. Advised China Construction Bank in connection with the buyout of accounts receivable under an overseas construction contract of China Gezhouba (Group) Co., Ltd
25. Advised China Construction Bank Shenzhen Branch in connection with financing for accounts receivables of container leasing to CIMC Hong Kong
26. Advised Minsheng Bank in relation to the provision of financing to Fortune Ocean Shipping Limited in respect of two Capesize cargo ships
27. Advised JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. Hong Kong Branch in relation to a US$100,000,000 facility to China Hongqiao Group Limited, the repayment of which is backed up by a floating-volume floating-price commodity off-take agreement
Please leave a message if you have any inquiries . Thanks！
Leave a Message(*):